KU Design Camp Packing List
- Pencils and erasers
- Markers (various tips)
- Flash drive
- Digital camera or camera phone (for participants enrolled in photography studios)
- Sleeping bag or sheets & blanket (Twin XL)
- Extra blanket (residence halls may be cooler than expected)
- Pillow and pillowcase
- Towel and washcloth
- Toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
- Alarm clock
- Hat and sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Comfortable, casual summer clothing
- Light jacket or sweatshirt (studios can be cool; layering is encouraged)
- Comfortable shoes (we will be walking quite a bit)
- Nice outfit for Final Exhibition (dress shirt and slacks, skirt, dress)
- Any necessary medications (allergy, etc.) – remember, these must be acknowledged in our medical forms and our staff cannot provide any medications (including over-the-counter) to campers
- Spending money for snacks and KU gear (optional)
- Cell phone and charger (optional)
Computers, software, and studio production materials will be provided.
Please do not bring:
- Tobacco, matches, alcohol or other drugs, fireworks, weapons.
- Refrigerators, televisions, video gaming consoles, exercise equipment, etc.
- Anything you don’t want to lose. Please leave your valuables at home.