All applicants must submit a portfolio to be considered for admission to the Department of Design.
Portfolios are submitted online through SlideRoom. Please select "Undergraduate Student - Portfolio Submission" from the directory. For technical support questions while submitting your online application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The online portfolio submission includes the following requirements:
- Media: Please upload 10-15 images of your strongest creative works.
- Please title each piece.
- In the description, include the medium or software used, the size, date of completion, and a brief one to two sentence description.
- In the case of documented professional or group projects, applicants should indicate personal responsibilities.
- Your portfolio must include at least two mediums. Examples: sketches, drawings, paintings, ceramics, jewelry, 3-D pieces, logos, branding, publications/yearbook, posters or any art or design-related works.
- Displaying a variety of work is essential; use your strongest pieces and good judgment.
- Essay: Why are you interested in studying design, what have you done to prepare, and how do you hope to use your degree?
- To complete your application you must provide a response to the prompt.
- Please limit your response to 200-250 words.
Deadlines for Portfolio Submission
Please note that portfolio submissions are not reviewed until after the deadline. Decision letters are sent out approximately one month after the deadline.
- Fall 2021:
- Spring 2022:
If you have questions about your application to the Department of Design please contact our Admissions Coordinator, Joan Weaver, at email@example.com or 785-864-3167.
For technical support questions while submitting your online application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.