Please apply to KU by Nov. 1 to be considered for direct admission to the Department of Design. Students must be admissible to KU by assured admission and meet both of these academic requirements:
- 24+ ACT (1160+ SAT) and 3.4+ GPA on a 4.0-point scale
- Must apply by Nov. 1
Students who meet direct admission requirements do not submit a portfolio.
Admission by Review
Students who do not meet the direct admission criteria, or apply after Nov. 1, may be considered for admission by a review. Students must submit a portfolio and meet at least one of these academic requirements:
- 24+ ACT (1160+ SAT) or 3.0+ GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Submit portfolio
- Priority Deadline: Nov. 1
- Final Deadline: Feb. 1
Portfolios are not reviewed until after the deadlines. Decision letters are sent one month after the deadline.
- Nov. 1: Direct Admission, Priority Consideration for Admission by Review, and University Scholarships
- Feb. 1: Final Consideration for Admission by Review
If you have any questions about your application to the Department of Design please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.